Manapouri and this area can be the gateway to mesmerizing, as soon as in a lifetimeDoubtful Sound cruises. From Christchurch head south, over the longest bridge within the Southern Hemisphere to the salmon fishing capital of New Zealand, the small city of Rakaia. Head west toNelson which is called the sunniest area in New Zealand. Seek out Jens Hansen Goldsmith, maker of the ‘One Ring’ and a lot of different Tolkien-themed items, earlier than journeying deep into the Abel Tasman National Park – another Great Walk of New Zealand. In just half-hour you would be in Blenheim soaking up the solar with a world-famous, zesty sauvignon blanc.
Stop in for a soak in your own personal outdoor pool at Hot Tubs Omarama. Would not be full and not using a whale, dolphin or albatross tour with Whale WatchKaikōura. Crayfish are so plentiful in the area they’re featured on nearly each menu on the town and locals are recognized to have their freezers full of the season’s catch.
Wellington is residence to Weta Workshop, the design studio for all Lord of the Rings and Hobbiton motion pictures. On the drive from Cromwell to Queenstown, you will come across the Kawarau Gorge, the house of AJ Hackett bungy,then head to the Gibbston Valley to pattern native cheeses and tastings at the many cellar doors. Hanmer may be reached within 2 hours drive and is the perfect spot to soak in mineral water atHanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa and with jet boating, ziplining, wineries and cellar doors there’s something for the entire household.
- Encompassing each North and South Islands, with loads of time to immerse your self in specialty Lord of the Rings tours and time for rest.
- By providing a wealth of knowledge you will discover hidden gems throughout your land tour.
- This small group, fully-guided day trip combines the entire key highlights within the space with the well-known Lake Tekapo, Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park and Tasman Glacier.
- Named the ‘adventure capital of the world” Queenstown provides world class surroundings and thrilling activities similar to jet boating, bungy leaping and off road 4WD excursions.
- Spend a day or two in Akaroa, New Zealand’s solely French-inspired town and a gateway to dolphin excursions.
Your tour guide will advocate top restaurants and wineries that match your interest. Any different special interests will be included for you and carefully designed around your preferences. Visit official sites used in the filming of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies, whilst visiting some of New Zealand’s most beautiful points of interest together with glowworm caves, lively geysers, dramatic mountains and deep fiords.
So in addition to special LOTR and Hobbit film experiences, we’ll embrace many other highlights as properly. These may embody famous attractions, corresponding to Milford Sound or Doubtful Sound, New Zealand’s volcanic regions and geothermal scorching spots. Amazing wildlife actions – swimming with Dolphins, Whale Watching, recognizing the native Kiwi Bird can be included. We recommend experiencing Maori Culture too as nicely as high Wine and Cuisine activities.
Is the Lord of the Rings set nonetheless in New Zealand?
Where was Lord of the Rings filmed? The Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed entirely in New Zealand. Filming places spanned greater than a hundred and fifty areas in both the North and the South Islands.